$20,000 fine wine and dine for 3rd WC's public servants???

Labels:

5


I was a bit surprised by what I've learned last night from the evening news about the grandiose dinner President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo and her entourage have had during their last United States visit and while the entire Philippines were dramatically in deep sorrow and grieving for the late former President Cory Aquino last week. Just out of curiosity is why I searched a little bit about what the controversial restaurant looks like that people and needless to say critiques has to make a big fuss out of it.

So this is where it all happened. The alleged close to twenty thousand ($20,000) dollar bill for a fine dinner. At New York's middle-priced restaurant, Le Cirque. A French Restaurant where according to news is frequented by celebrities, by the rich and famous.

LE CIRQUE
151 East 58th Street
New York, NY 10022

Style: Fine dining
Cuisine: Contemporary French
Price: $50 and over
Payment Options: AMEX, Diners Club, Discover, JBC, Master Card, Visa

I am just wondering... did Madam President ever thought of refusing the said "invitation" in the first place knowing that it'll call attention to the media on the go? And come to think of it... thousands of Filipino people were sleep deprived and were fasting just so they can pay their last respect to the former President Cory Aquino while they were what? Feasted on Krug Champagne, Osetra Caviar and other expensive wine paired dishes?

I'd like to quote here what the Makati City mayor Jejomar Binay said:
Arroyo administration talks about giving honor and respect to the memory of the former president. It seems that spending an astonishing amount of money - enough to provide almost 3,000 hungry families with three square meals - appears to be their idea of honoring and respecting Cory.
Even if the lavish dinner was paid by somebody else as what Press Secretary Cerge Remonde was trying to insist, to me and I believe for many among others as well, what they did is still inappropriate. As public servants are they are, they should do things in public according to what their conscience dictates.

Just my 2 cents...

Photos courtesy of Google images

5 Response to "$20,000 fine wine and dine for 3rd WC's public servants???"

  1. Badet says:

    This only shows that the Arroyo administration should end, SOON!

    By the way sis, I already added you in my blogroll under the name "Just the way it is" at http://www.badudets.com/. And also at my new blog http://www.healthandbeautygeek.com/.

    I hope you can add my 2 blogs too:

    Everything Nice! - http://www.badudets.com/
    Health and Beauty Geek - http://www.healthandbeautygeek.com/

    Thanks!

    sure sis! will link your 2 blogs shortly. thanks for the add!

    Anonymous says:

    Hi !.
    might , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
    There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
    AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

    I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
    I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
    It`s easy to start , just click this link http://iqokyqoha.mindnmagick.com/lijuhymi.html
    and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

    Anonymous says:

    Good day !.
    You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
    There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
    The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

    I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
    I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
    It`s easy to join , just click this link http://axisocig.freecities.com/tepuzuba.html
    and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

    Anonymous says:

    Hello everyone!
    I would like to burn a theme at here. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

    For several years , I earn money with the help of these programs.
    I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
    Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my blog to get additional info.

    [url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]

    Subscribe Here

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Get updates from this blog first hand.Subscription is absolutely free!

    Popular Posts

    Featured Blogs

    Followers

    Just on Facebook

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
    Powered By Blogger