My Cebu Expedition

Labels:

5


February of this year when I first stepped the Queen City of the South, Cebu. Boarding Trans-Asia Shipping Lines, from Cagayan de Oro City wharf, we reached Cebu after 14 long hours - safe sea trip . That was a little spine-chilling yet a very exciting experience to me so far coz I've never been used to be traveling by myself. And yes, this time it's just me all alone. Although my sister together with my 6yr. old niece were hanging around waiting for me at the wharf where the vessel was supposed to dock.

After spending few hours roaming around the city, we took another 2 hour ride on a bus heading to MOALBOAL, the town where my sister and her family lives. Huhh! that was indeed a yawning trip. But....ah..ah..ah... wait 'till you reach the PANAGSAMA BEACH RESORT . The almost 2 days drudging and fatiguing trip falls off after seeing the fascinating scenes around. The beaches that are so inviting, the sunset, the floating bars and restaurants and a lot more. There you can see the people's simple way of living while they are being sorrounded with different foreign businesses such as bar and restaurants, disco houses, and resort cottages.

Though, it was only a weeklong vacation but I've seen a lot of beautiful sites that every Cebuanos are proud of, learned a lot from the simplicity of their people ,and most especially, I was able to spend perfect bonding experience with my two cute, lovable nieces with my sister, Thea whom I barely see in a year.

Another thing which I enjoyed most aside from the lovely beaches, invigorating environment and fresh seafoods was the Japanese Restobar that my sis and her husband, Rommel are successfully running and of course my ultimate hands- on experience of preparing some Japanese dishes...Here are few of those distinctive, mouthwatering foods that we personally made.











These are Yakiudon, Katsudon, Yakitori, Tempura Soba and Yassai Teppanyaki in random.

Now, I really can't wait to visit them again. I hope I can after I am fully recovered in few months time.

5 Response to "My Cebu Expedition"

  1. Anonymous says:

    Nakakagutom naman sa site na to :)

    Salamat sa pagdaan sa blogsite ko. Balik ka ulit. :)

    sure...thanks for the visit.

    Thess says:

    Hi Nancy! first off, thanks for visiting my foodblog and leaving your URL (and yes, I'll add you on my blogroll too :-) )

    2nd..those are yummy!! how lucky you are to have experienced preparing jap meals! i wish i can experience the same jap food preparation (almost did, but in a cooking class, which i declined..medyo mahal eh)

    have a lovely weekend and see you again!

    thess (http://eetsmakelijk.thesserie.com)

    hi thess... nagkataon lang na yung biz na mina-manage ng sis ko was a japanese restaurant kaya medyo nagkroon ng chance na maka experience ng konti.

    Anyway, thank you for leaving a comment..I'll be adding your blog too and hope to visit you there more often. Have a great weekend!

    Anonymous says:

    Hey some of those dishes look pretty good..

    Subscribe Here

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Get updates from this blog first hand.Subscription is absolutely free!

    Popular Posts

    Featured Blogs

    Followers

    Just on Facebook

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
    Powered By Blogger